TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
THIS IS YOUR CALL TO DUTY
2018 Lake Fork Challenge Event Schedule
Saturday, October 6th
7:30 am – Registration opens at tournament headquarters, located at The Links at Land’s End
8:00 am – Breakfast followed by instructional meetings
9:00 am – Shooting event for 2 team members, practice golf or
fishing available for the other 2 team members
4:00 pm – Social hour & team building, light appetizers
5:15 pm – Live Auction, Raffle & Dinner
7:00 pm – Keynote speaker: Lt. Col. Allen West
7:45 pm – Entertainment, The Local Mission Band
Sunday, October 7th
7:00 am – Fishing competition begins
8:30 am – Golfing competition begins
3:00 pm – Awards reception
Each 4-person Patriot team competes in all three events: golfing, fishing, and shooting.
- On Saturday, Oct 6, two of the team members compete in a challenging, fun target shooting competition that will involve 3 platforms: rifle, pistol, and shotgun. The two remaining teammates can use this time to practice golfing or fishing.
- On Sunday, Oct 7, all four team members compete simultaneously: two will golf at The Links at Land’s End, and the other two will fish for largemouth bass on Lake Fork.
- Points and individual prizes will be awarded in each competition, and points from each event will be accumulated to determine the overall Patriot Sporting Challenge Champion.**
** Teams can earn a maximum of 60 points per event and minimum of 40 points. The combined total points earned in all three events will determine the Overall Patriot Challenge Champion. In case of a tie for any overall position, cash prizes will be combined and split evenly between teams. Merchandise prizes will also be awarded in each partnership event.
Following an 8:00 breakfast and registration, there will be a meeting detailing all tournament rules and procedures. Immediately thereafter, the shooting event will begin, involving a 2-person partnership competing in three disciplines: pistol, rifle, and shotgun. Participants will need to furnish their own guns and appropriate ammunition. Based on a modified three-gun shoot event, points will be awarded based on accuracy and time. Teams will rotate through the three stations, accumulating points in each event which will count towards the overall challenge winner, and individual prizes will be awarded.
Contest hours will be from 7:00 am – 2:00 pm. Contestants may launch from the ramp of their choice and all fish must be caught with artificial baits. Overall weight will be determined by heaviest 5 fish caught by the 2-person partnership.
This will be a paper tournament, so Lake Fork’s slot limit will not be in effect–all fish 10″ and over are eligible. Each fish must be weighed and photographed and then called in and reported to the scorers who will accumulate the results. In case of a tie between teams, the largest fish caught by each of those teams will be used as the tie-breaker.
Tournament is a 2-person scramble. After each partner on the team hits a drive, the team selects the drive that they would prefer to play. Each player hits his next shot from that spot and again the better lie is selected. This process is repeated until the ball is holed for one team score.
- Lowest gross and net scores will determine the winners
- Teams will receive the higher point value of either gross or net position to count towards overall challenge event
- Teams will be awarded prizes based on their higher gross or net position
- Same-day handicap system will be used
- By popular demand, the AR-15 drive will be back–$20 donation will cover mulligans and all on-course events & contests
- DOUBLE PAR IS YOUR FRIEND!!!! (If you can’t score better than double par, just pick up and record that score)
Field limited to first 60 Patriot Teams to submit their form and payment to:
Patriot Sporting Challenge, PO Box 205, Yantis, TX 75497.
The Patriot Team Entry Fee (for 4 Players) is $2000
(Entry Form can be emailed to you upon request)